Friday, April 22, 2011

A Vintage Hollywood Wedding: A 1930's and Board

I've been a bad, bad blogger...I'm bummed I haven't had a chance to post in the past week, but helping out with my sister's wedding has eaten up my usual blog-joy time! More on that later. Buuuut, I have a new board to post and I'm pumped! I wanted to pull together some elements I've seen from weddings that I love and combine them in a way that was vintage, classic, glamorous, with just the right amount of sexy--and Jean Harlow typifies the classic screen siren.


Mood: A 1930's classic Hollywood fete

Color Palette: Black and white

Artifacts of Inspiration: Feathers, crystals, satin, art deco, vintage Hollywood, 1930's fashion, and of course, Jean Harlow. Check her out!

The above photo was courtesy of Macarons and Marie: My Modern Vintage Wedding, and I have to agree, I luurrve feathers. How bad-ass is that capelet? I want a feather capelet! You could be folding laundry and still feel like a fabulous vixen if you had a feather capelet.

The Credits, Deets, and Maybe Where to Buy Them:

Classic Tux and Bowtie via Style Me PrettyOstrich Feather Centerpieces by Wedding Design StudioHarlow and the Signature Slinky Dress via LilPaisley.typepad.com, Johanna Johnson Wedding Dress via RuffledblogArt Deco Bridal Earrings by Etsy Seller nyjolejewellerySophisticated 30's Shoot via Hepwrights.comNapier Wedding Suite by Etsy Seller TulalooVintage Typewriter from Jon and JoAnn's 1930's Wedding by Paco and Betty via The Ebury CollectionCalla Lily and Feather Bouquet by Holly Chapple Flowers

A Little Something Extra:

I love this dress from Romantic Threads as a potential bridesmaid gown. It's vintage without being kitschy and goes perfectly with the theme--and at $150, the price tag ain't bad either. Find it here.


In searching for inspiration board pictures, I came across photographer Mukhina Ekaterina and just had to share this photo. How fun does that shoot look?!


You can see more of her work on her flickr stream here.

No comments:

Post a Comment