Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Classic Cocktails and Retro Style: A Mad Men Inspired Wedding Board

I haven't caught an entire episode of AMC's "Mad Men" but I've seen enough to know I love the style and feel of the show. Refer back to my first post for a little on my dreams of having 60's style cocktail parties every weekend. Although I first envisioned a board in black, white, and red, along the lines of how I'd imagine the Rat Pack designing a wedding, I was drawn to the cheeky, fun palette of blue and orange mixed in. Alongside my secret inner RenFaire nerd, and my steampunk cosplay geek, there resides a girl who dresses like Donna Reed and drinks Old-Fashioneds while baking things in Jello moulds. This is her board. P.S. That awesome wedding dress? Only $595 by Dolly Couture!


Mood: Retro cocktail party

Artifacts of Inspiration: "Mad Men", classic cars, geometric design, retro cocktails, one button suits, Jackie Kennedy

Color Palette: Blue and orange against a backdrop of black and white

The Credits, Deets, and Maybe Where to Buy Them:

The Beverlywood by Dolly CoutureCigar Bar by Sarah Q Photography via Wedding ChicksTurquoise Linen Tiffany Dress by Etsy artist digforvictoryMad Men Inspired Save the Date by Wedding ChicksMartini Glass via Paper Doll MBirdcage Veil via Brides.comCouple in Classic 60's car by Chicago Illinois Wedding PhotographyBlue and Orange Retro Cake by Jason McGrew via Merriment EventsMad Men Suit by Brooks Brothers via Make Pretend

2 comments:

  1. The Credits, Deets, and Maybe Where to Buy Them:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I really liked this wedding board. Have already decided to have something best for my big day. That will be arranged at one of Seattle venues. Will be hiring wedding planner for the day who will take care of everything

    ReplyDelete